Dev Diary #03
Welcome to the third Dev Diary of SLICE BACK!
This sprint 84,62% of the tasks have been completed :)
1) We have been thinking about a way to make it easier for us to tweak the maps according to your feedback. The way we were building them was not efficient and we were losing too much time between iterations. We will try this new process on our second map and if everything works well we will then adapt our first map.
2) We have been defining the content we will need to finish the game as we envision it. In your opinion, which are the elements of our game that we should focus on? (more mobs, more bosses, more dialogues or more emphasis on the mood).
3) The conversations with the publishers are going well :)
Games progress - What has been done
- Mid level boss art, animations and VFX.
- Mid level boss behaviour tweaks according to your feedback.
- Rooms and layout systems for the new level approach.
- Rooms and layout design for the new level approach.
- New HUD art mock-up.
Games progress - What are we doing
- Rework Player Aid System to make it more stable, reliable and work with future new weapons.
- Defining the aesthetic of the next levels.
- Save system.
- Improve death.
- End level boss art, animations and VFX.
- End level boss behaviour tweaks according to your feedback.
- New HUD implementation.
- Second map.
Games progress - What are we going to do
- Rework the levels into more of a Metroidvania structure to allow us to create more content with a higher quality and give us more freedom to create different and dynamic layouts.
- Unlockables, you will finally be able to make something out of all those yummy sushi!
- Hidden map secrets through the level.
- Third map.
Thanks for reading!
The Slice Back team
Get Slice Back
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.